Heramba Hemantha, the twin brothers are two of the most promising flautists in the Carnatic music scenario today. They are from Coorg, the birth place of river Cauvery. They were born to Sri Ambale Satyaprasad, a mridangist of known merit and Smt. Alakananda on 16th July, 1996. Heramba Hemantha hail from a rich cultural tradition. .Heramba Hemantha picked up the basic nuances of classical vocal and bharatanatyam at a very early age. They are currently pursuing carnatic music under the well-known carnatic vocalist, Guru Sri Neyveli Santhanagopalan, Chennai.
The duo is well appreciated for their perfect synchronization and the blend which makes the rasikas feel as if they are listening to a single flute. Heramba Hemantha naturally demonstrate depth and proximity to the lyrical aspect of the composition, representing the Gayaki style of music.
Awards and Recognition:
- One of the youngest recipients of ‘A’ grade by All India Radio, at the age of 19.
- Recipients of ‘Best Instrumental Award’ from the Madras Music Academy during the Spirit Of Youth festival – 2016.
- Recipients of ‘The Shanmukhananda Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi Fellowship’ from Sri Shanmukhananda Sangeetha Sabha, Mumbai.
- Recipients of ‘Sri Sanjeeva Rao Endowment Prize’ from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, Chennai during the 61st Gokulashtami Sangeetha Utsavam 2016.
- One of the youngest artists to be invited to perform for the Akashvani Sangeeth Sammelan, National Programme of Music.
- Recipients of ‘Yuva Prathibha Puraskar – 2014’ from Karthikeya Gana Sabha, Hyderabad.
- Recipients of the ‘CCRT National Scholarship’ awarded by the HRD Ministry of India
- First prize in the National Level Flute Competition conducted by All India Radio.